Come Join the most EPIC team in the midwest!
Application Deadline 8/28/17
Who is Connected Learning?
Functions of the job
1. Serves as community-facing ambassador for Connected Learning.
2. Serves as leader within the organization, lending expertise and insight to company-wide initiatives. Leverages all essential skills and abilities to achieve goals.
3. Establishes a plan for continued growth including financial, human, and physical resources alongside the CEO and Board .
4. Develop organization wide processes, procedures, and systems for long-term success.
5. Assists CEO, Leadership team and Board in development and implementation of an annual and multi-year fundraising plan and strategy.
6. Sets and meets goals for partnership portfolio including fundraising and professional learning action goals.
7. On a regular basis, builds and calibrates partnership portfolio in collaboration with peers, leadership team members, Board and CEO to ensure goals are met.
8. Evaluates and analyzes all development efforts and develops appropriate strategies to address challenges, capitalize and expand successes and improve results.
9. Cultivates and nurtures relationships within the partnership portfolio.
10. Achieves targets and goals within budget, and manages budget accordingly.
Attributes of the Ideal candidate
Connected Learning seeks an innovative thinker. A bold leader. A developer of individuals and of a growing company. Leadership experience in a non-profit, program, school, or association is essential. The emotional intelligence and political skills to manage on a personal and human scale the conundrums that emerge for organizations with a large passion and growing ‘membership.’ A desire to write and speak about what innovative learning looks like and how it is experienced by children and adults. A willingness to travel and present at conferences around the country. The skill to author and secure grants to grow the organization’s capital and ability to influence the region. The proclivity to bridge the inherent tensions in the movement between authentic practice and innovation; competition vs. cooperation with other organizations; expansion into the private, urban and rural domains vs. dilution of core practices, etc. Financial acumen and fundraising experience. Management skills to supervise a small shop with large demands placed on it and to manage up to a board seeking vision and direction.
Scope and Compensation
Part time. No more than 10hrs per week, annual compensation $10K - 20K based on experience and outcomes. Salary incentives can also be increased based on development milestones.
Connected Learning does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Connected Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
How to Apply
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: CL Executive Director Search Committee
Application to include:
- Cover letter addressed to the CL Executive Director Search Committee expressing interest in and qualifications for the position.
- A current resume.
- A statement of your leadership philosophy (1 – 2 pages).
- Two examples of writing showcasing leadership or potential to the organization.
- Three references (including email addresses, and telephone numbers) who can be contacted confidentially at the early stage of discovery. These references will not be used unless you are notified.